CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE UPDATED SURVIVAL GUIDE
Recommended Recording Process
- Gramofile to record from the sound card
through line in from the source (e.g., LP record)
- Gramofile to identify track beginnings and
endings. These are saved to a .tracks file automatically.
- Audacity to confirm and fine tune the track
splits stored in the .tracks file.
- Gramofile to perform the split into tracks
and to filter out pops using the Conditional Median Filter II. The
tracks are saved into separate files numbered 01, 02, etc.
- Xmms to check the beginning and ending of each
track to confirm the splits were fine.
- Audacity to edit out any remaining spikes in
each track, being sure to export back to WAV if any changes are
- The tracks are now ready to burn to CD. Create a disk.toc:
FILE "side1001.wav" 0
FILE "side1002.wav" 0
FILE "side2005.wav" 0
A handy table of minutes to seconds:
Support further development by purchasing the PDF version of the book.
Other online resources include the
Data Science Desktop Survival
Books available on Amazon include
Data Mining with Rattle
Essentials of Data Science.
Popular open source software includes
Hosted by Togaware, a
pioneer of free and open source software since 1984.
Copyright © 1995-2020 Togaware Pty Ltd. Creative
Commons ShareAlike V4.