Sending an email is one of the basic tasks for the Internet
generation. Evolution is quite capable in this respect
and provides a lot of functionality. The Compose Message
window (Figure 32.2) is where we
compose new email messages.
Evolution Compose Message
- Startup Evolution;
- Ensure the Mail item is selected in the bottom left
region of the window.
- Using the left mouse button click on the New button
which is the left most button of the toolbar.
- A new window will popup, with the title Compose
- To send a message to one or more people in your Contacts click
on the To: button.
- A window will popup titled Select Contacts from
- Select those you want to send the email to from the list of
Contacts on the left.
- Click the Add button near the To: label
on the right.
- Click the Close button when finished.
- You will now see the list of names in the To: field.
- Click the left mouse button in the Subject: field (the
box to the right of the label) so that the blinking cursor is now
- Type in the subject of your message. All emails should have a
- Click the left mouse button in the main sub window that takes up
over half of the Compose Message window.
- Now type your message in this text window.
- Click the Send button within the Compose
Message window to send the message.
Copyright © 1995-2014 Togaware Pty Ltd
Support further development through the purchase of the PDF version of the book.
Brought to you by Togaware.