Log in to your Nextcloud server as the administrator and under your
user icon, top right, select
+ Apps to add new
apps for your users. Or else:
sudo nextcloud.occ app:install calendar
The nexcloud occ sub-commands for app are:
app app:check-code check code to be compliant app:disable disable an app app:enable enable an app app:getpath Get an absolute path to the app directory app:install install an app app:list List all available apps app:remove remove an app app:update update an app or all apps
A collection of apps I recommend having installed.
- drawio A complete drawing and whiteboard package for Nextcloud. See Section 61.8.
- files_markdown: Markdow editor with two panes, one showing the source and the other showing the rendered version. To invoke, choose the Plain Test Editor item from the markdown file’s menu.
- groupfolders: Share folders, like your Photos folder,among a group of users. See Section 61.9.
- maps: Shows photos, contacts, and traces on a map.
- memories: Photo management including facerecognition and tagging (Section 61.13) of photos. See Section 61.10.
- simpletask A todo.txt based todo list manager. Not actually a Nextcloud app but a great Android app supporting Nextcloud. See Section 61.14.
- snappymail: Email though a little slow.
- talk: Private and secure video calls and chat through Nextcloud. It’s actually called spreed but Talk is more intuitive. See Section 61.16.
- welcome: A welcome widget for the dashboard that displays a markdown document.
Your donation will support ongoing availability and give you access to the PDF version of this book. Desktop Survival Guides include Data Science, GNU/Linux, and MLHub. Books available on Amazon include Data Mining with Rattle and Essentials of Data Science. Popular open source software includes rattle, wajig, and mlhub. Hosted by Togaware, a pioneer of free and open source software since 1984. Copyright © 1995-2022 Graham.Williams@togaware.com Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0